To be recognized as an agency of excellence in sustainable tropical forest management.
To manage and develop sustainable forest resources and to optimize its contribution to country’s socio-economic development.
Johor State Forestry Department's objectives are consistent with the objectives of the National Forestry Policy, namely: -
- To manage and develop permanent forest resources for a sustained production results from the services and optimal use of it in accordance with environmental requirements.
- To increase the supply of forest revenues and services through appropriate forestry activities that will improve quality, productivity and utilization of forest resources.
- To continue to develop robust technology compatible with environmental requirements for the preservation of forest resource management and development.
- To preserve and protect biodiversity, water and soil, and its use in a sustainable manner.
- To improve the quality and efficiency of processing plants based forest products by increasing the high added value downstream activities.
- To strengthen human resource development to support the forestry sector.
- To increase public awareness regarding the role of forests and preservation of the environment through education and dissemination of information.
- To enhance the contribution of forestry to the state and national income, foreign exchange and employment opportunities.